Pages

May 21, 2008

Are your crab legs running?

There's a new telephone scam to separate credulous old folks from their money. (Perhaps people got hip to the one where a stranger calls and says, "It's me! Wire lots of cash! Now! It's me!")

According to the morning news, and explained with nifty little flip boards with cartoons that even a groggy foreigner can understand, someone calls grandma and asks, "Do you like crab?"

Grandma, apparently, says, "Well, yes..."

And then, the next day, a box of fresh crabs arrives COD. And grandma is confused and thinks she ordered it, so she gives the delivery guy a bunch of money and is stuck with a box of fresh crabs. The end.

I think we all saw that one coming.

3 comments:

Aron said...

This post tickled the tiniest, shadowy corner of my brian where this commercial lives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQSNnGFJ4Ro

Aron said...

Brain. My brian IS ticklish, though.

Trixie Bedlam said...

I still prefer the scam where they sold lambs to people who thought they were poodles.

Google Analytics Alternative