Pages

Jun 30, 2009

I feel like you are trying to tell me something

Just about every public bathroom I've been in here has an emergency call button. Does anyone really come when you call? They must, and there must be a problem with that in the ladies' room at Hibiya station because the word "emergency" is plastered eight times in two languages around the button. There are two other signs in the stall about it, too, warning about the inconvenience an errant push causes. Why the fuss? Probably because, as it often is, the button is right next to the flush button.

3 comments:

Adamu said...

I have noticed that the emergency buttons in Tokyo Metro toilets look a LOT like the buttons to flush. I think that might explain the warnings.

Sandra Barron said...

They totally do, all over, not just in the subways. Sometimes I read every sign in the john and still almost press the wrong one.

Anonymous said...

Play it safe SJB. Just wipe and walk.

Google Analytics Alternative