Pages

May 3, 2010

The Hard, The Quality and The Creamy

(Not pictured: the Italian)
A newish line of canned coffee from Itoen.
I hate to say it, but I've mostly lost my taste for vending machine coffee. It is reassuring to know it's there as a last-ditch option. I think there was a time when I really liked it. When I do drink it now, even though at least the last dozen cans have been in Tokyo, it still tastes like cycling to school in Miyazaki, or sneaking downstairs and outside to the machine around the corner from the board of education office where I was shackled to a desk all summer.
----
At first. And then, too often, an ammonia taste jumps out and I try to make a mental note of which variety of which brand it is so I don't get it again. But there are too many. I can never remember.

I just tried The Creamy, and it was nice and mild. Sweeter than I like coffee to be, but a tasty drink. Maybe the "the" will make it memorable.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative