Pages

Jan 31, 2013

Sfera: A drink like you

All the glassware is gorgeous, too.
Expert bartender Hihara-san at Sfera Bar Satonaka will of course make you any kind of cocktail you like. But he most likes to make drinks for customers after spending some time talking and then creating something based on his "image" of them. This is where drinking becomes communication, he says. He spent some time in Kentucky, and he has some ideas about American women. He made me a bright red Scarlet O'Hara. "American women are very strong and beautiful," he said as he was assembling the ingredients. The drink wasn't something I'd have chosen for myself. I like bitter or herbal flavors, and this was more of a boozy cherry popsicle. Sweet and packs a punch, though? I'll take it as a compliment.


View Larger Map

1 comment:

Holly said...

kentucky women=new jersey women. so obvious.

Google Analytics Alternative