Pages

Oct 10, 2013

Park Hyatt Spa



I think I've finally found my journalistic calling: the luxury spa beat. Why didn't I think of this sooner? I got a massage and afternoon tea package at the Park Hyatt right after we got back from LA the last time. I always find readjustment a little rocky on either side of the ocean, so this was good timing on a welcome assignment. My story about it is in Savvy Tokyo.
What's that? Not remotely journalism, you say? Labels, man. 
For what it's worth, when I'm on my own dime for a massage, I like Sonno. It's not nearly as fancy as a full-on spa, but it has private curtained rooms and good staff. They give you a cup of herbal tea when you're done, and there's almost always some kind of further 20% off offer you can find. You can choose how many minutes you want in 10-minute increments. The music is a little bit terrible. Trade-offs.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative