Pages

Jan 19, 2019

Most people love the tours so much

The couple on the tour today were nice people, but not the most enthusiastic guests I've had. The wife seemed way more into it than the husband. She said she much preferred getting around town for errands on a bike than in a car. He asked how many miles it was as we were getting sized up, and how long it would take. On the beach path, I pointed out some of our rental bikes going by (I always get a kick out of seeing them in the wild). He said, "You mean we could have just rented bikes?"
I thought, man, I'm right here. I can hear you!
Early on, we visit a Moreton Bay fig tree that we say is second in size in the US only to one in Santa Barbara. Most people ooh and ahh. As soon as I said it was a Moreton Bay fig, before I even got to the claim that it's the second-largest, the couple pointed out that they'd seen a much bigger one in Detroit, and another bigger one somewhere else. Ruining my narrative!
They also didn't want a single picture. Most people take tons.
Oh, well. You can't win 'em all.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative