Pages

Nov 2, 2009

How about a skull on your head


I sat across from this guy on the train on the way back from the Kawasaki Halloween parade. I asked about the skull and crossbones carved and dyed into his hair, if he'd done it for Halloween. He looked puzzled. He pointed out the skulls on his belt buckle, on each jacket button, and on his cloth camo face mask. Skulls are his thing.

He stared at my hairline and scalp the whole time we talked. "Have you ever thought about doing something interesting with your hair?" he asked.
"I know a really great place."

4 comments:

Trixie Bedlam said...

I'm thinking American flag, sjb. represent!

E Mckenzie said...

Hey Sandra... I'm 14 years old and I listen to Alex Brookes podcasts (genius :P). I heard about your blog on one of his podcasts and came to take a look. So far it looks pretty good, keep up the good work :D

E Mckenzie
UK

Anonymous said...

I'm also one of those I-listen-to-Learn-Japanese-and-came-around-to-look!
'though I'm a tad older.

Mike
Israel

Sandra Barron said...

Thanks for coming by from Learn Japanese Pod. Alex and I have known each other since you were a toddler, E. All ages are welcome! Hope you both stick around.

American flag, eh? I was thinking of going for a crying eagle...

Google Analytics Alternative