Pages

Apr 21, 2009

Happy Pulitzer Day

They might not need a public service announcement about this if newspapers weren't five feet wide. I always get sections sliding out and getting crunkled up when I try to open the paper. I think newspapers in America no longer being wider than my armspan is the single good outcome of our shrinking newspaper industry.
In other good news, the IHT runs the NYT crossword, though something like six weeks late. I can fold the paper into halves and then thirds to get exactly a crossword-size exposure.

2 comments:

titivil said...

I have on good authority that, when the NYT cut the size of the paper by an increment of an inch, one of the more pressing issues was to make sure that the crossword would still be obscured by a natural fold.

Purely anecdotal!

Sandra Barron said...

I take it back! Lately it's been spread out awkwardly over what seems like an unnatural fold that's too wide to deal with neatly.

Google Analytics Alternative