Pages

Aug 20, 2009

If I ever go looking any further than my own back yard

One of the things I've been missing here is sandwiches. Especially panini and baguettes. Fresh mozzarella, sundried tomatoes. (Egg salad on squishy white bread, they've got covered.)

So, it's kind of crazy that I finally found the sandwiches I'd given up on - at a tiny shop that is so near my apartment and so delicious I can only laugh. I had thought about going in a bunch of times, but it just didn't look like a sandwich shop. It's always empty and looks a little sterile. (I did actually try anyway a few times on Sunday afternoons, which I kept forgetting is when it's closed.)

They have fresh mozzerella, basil, and tomato sandwiches, brie and apple sandwiches, and even something called a reuben.

And brownies (!) and "Brooklyn cheese cake." Cheesecake is number two on my rather short list of things that Japan, bless, approximates very poorly. Sandwiches are number one. Brownies are few and far between.

That this place has been around the corner all this time kind of boggles my mind.

It's called Better Days. Indeed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find that going to the supermarket early on a Sunday morning allows me to buy freshly baked baguettes and all the ingredients I want. Did it a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic. Good if you want your own particular style!

Sandra Barron said...

That is a good idea. Lucky to live near a place with baguettes! I went to my grocery store early last Sunday... and it was closed. I don't have much luck with doing things early.

Google Analytics Alternative