Pages

Jan 6, 2011

Help/frighten the locals

Here is your bag. Now I will eat you.

Update. Funny, I saw this poster and immediately thought of a small black and white picture we have of a distant Italian ancestor of mine. Everyone on Twitter thought of Matsuko Deluxe, a Japanese drag performer (who I only really learned about when I was writing about Japanese Twitter bots, and found out hers was one of the most popular.) It's not just the resident aliens who saw the resemblance - my friend Takaaki pointed me to this Japanese story on Rocket News 24 that says everyone thinks it's Matsuko Deluxe. I guess only Bunpei knows for sure. Stay tuned...
.

4 comments:

nicigusa said...

is it just me, or does the helpful woman look like Matsuko Deluxe??

Sarahf said...

Who designs these posters? DO they mean them to be hilarious?

AdventureRob said...

Now I'm actually in Japan, I get to see these for myself. I thought this one was weird. Looked to me like 'please steal other peoples stuff'

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to our favorite blogger.

Google Analytics Alternative