Pages

Mar 14, 2011

First person accounts

Here's a small sample of Japan bloggers' first-hand experiences on the day of the Touhoku quake. Many of these bloggers have already written second update posts. Consider this list a bit of a time capsule of that day and a jumping off point for reading more. I'd be happy to add others you can send links to, especially from anyone who was closer to the main impact. In no particular order, using the names I could find for them online.    

James Simpson,
writing at the New Pacific Institute

Angela Salisbury, Sake Puppets

Loco of Loco in Yokohama

Our Man in Abiko

Eboni at International-E

Tim, at Life Enhasa

"Caroline" at Spooning with a Schoolboy

Vblogger RobinDave (video)

Paul, at Just Another Day in Japan

Eryk S., This Japanese Life

Kamuchan, Fearfully Made


Green-eyed Geisha

Foreign Salaryman in Japan

From Osaka, Vivian Morelli, at Lost in Translation

6 comments:

Blue Shoe said...

Hey Sandra, thanks for the link. Actually it's Paul (or Blue Shoe) at Just Another Day in Japan!

Useful to have a list of these. Thanks for making one.

Caroline Josephine said...

Hey thanks for putting this together! I'll pass it along.

Hanta said...

Thanks for putting the list together. I had to briefly hide in the hills myself but we weren't hit by a tsunami.

Sandra Barron said...

Thanks. Please pass along any others that you find.
Paul, I updated. Sorry bout that.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding me to your list.

locohama said...

Hey Japandra, thanks for adding me to your list as well! (-;

Google Analytics Alternative