Pages

Jun 15, 2009

What dreams may come

We went to the new Himalayan Curry restaurant near our place three times in the first month it was open. It's tasty. I think it's my favorite curry here. I couldn't say exactly how it's different than Japanese Indian curry; some dishes are sweeter and there seems to be a little more variety. (What garlic shrimp curry, which is delicious, would be doing in Nepal is beyond me.) The sign says "special nan," and it is. The potato stuffed one is delicious, and the gooey cheese nan makes Pizza Hut's cheese crust look like diet food. One wall is has a projected slideshow of beautiful pictures of mountain-top villages and low-res shots of menu items. Beer is served with papadums and there is spicy fig chutney on every table. They serve a glass of lassi while you're waiting for take out and give you cookies as you leave.
The place is great.

There's just one thing.

Every time we've eaten there, Jim and I have both had very strange dreams. Not good strange. We eat a little on the late side sometimes. But still. I'd definitely recommend it if you're nearby - there's one on Meiji Dori a little south of Yoyogi station and one near Sangubashi. (You should look at the website, just for fun. It's nifty.) Maybe better not to have it as take out while you watch a scary movie. I'll let you know for sure in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had strange dreams too

Have you seen shiso pepsi?
Had it in my local supermarket - its bright green - havent tasted it yet - but it could be the next big thing
Ben

Google Analytics Alternative