Pages

Oct 26, 2009

Anyone can Hang it at Home



UPDATED RULES - now with more randomness.

Just leave your name. I'll use random.org to pick someone at random.

I will put your name in twice if you leave an example of bad train behavior you have seen (anywhere in the world) that would be better off Done at Home.

I will put your name in three times if you make something visual.

That's it. 


You've joined me in mocking appreciating the Tokyo Metro "Do it at home" manners posters for over a year now here.

Now, I would like to give you the chance to do it at home. For real.
I have one copy of the October 2009 poster (man splattering/stabbing cup noodles) that I will happily send it to the reader anywhere in the world who comes up with the best Do-it-at-X poster whose name is drawn as the winner.

Write your idea in the comments. Or, photoshop something on your own site or Flickr and post a link.
For inspiration, here again is the official Tokyo Metro manners site with all the posters so far.

This will go until the end of the month, when the new posters go up. Do it at work. Do it at home. But do it soon!

***
Random.org has made the winner one Ms. Trixie Bedlam. Congratulations!


16 comments:

Daniel Lovell said...

ha ha love those posters.. took some photos of them recently :)

Claytonian said...

uploading a vid that may send some people to this post!

BTW, my word verification box below says "resign" ^^

philip said...

I will hang this up in my bathroom to let visitors know not to eat noodles there.

wmbderby said...

I still can't understand why he's white and using a fork. What are they trying to say?

shelly b said...

Haha, yeah, that fork looks a bit like a trident - maybe he's meant to be the devil? xD If I think of anything else, I'll add it in here later.

KeitaiGoddess said...

My friend over at 3yen.com has had some fun photoshopping the Metro posters..

Check them out.

http://www.3yen.com (Just search on metro for the hits.)

Keitai Goddess

(Also a metro manners poster fan. I have blogged them as well.)

Holly said...

my name!

bad behavior i have seen: i don't know how bad it is.. but i wish women wouldn't do their full makeup application ritual on the train. really, do it at home.

Belayb said...

Any kind of grooming that involves fingers and cavities.

That's not too gross, is it? :)

Trixie Bedlam said...

Count me in.

And something I see done on the subway with apalling frequency is nail-clipping. unnaceptable. please do it in HELL, after I beat you violently to death for grossing me out.

Helen said...

Nose picking, inspecting, eating, and grinning defiantly. And he did it in a wheelchair, so I couldn't beat him up.

Unknown said...

elizabeth:

doing your nails on public transit. be it clipping or paining. no no no.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanfeeley/3937513556/

A. G. Booze said...

Put my name in for the random drawing! Also, an old subway story:

Old white lady in NYC Subway to young black due openly smoking weed: Is that a marijuana cigarette?

Young dude: Yeaaaah.

She [I wish]: Well. You should do it at home. [exit]

Tammy said...

bad train behavior I've seen: using a boombox as a personal music player. It was an old man though, and they are usually the oddest characters on the train.

Unknown said...

I would love to see one of the poster designs as urging us not to steal the poster itself. That would be an extra desirable piece to bring home....

Llyn Hunter said...

This too cool! Discovered your blog listening to "Fun Fridays" with Alex and Beb on their Podcast. This Poster contest is fantastic idea!

course in real estate said...

Brilliant post and useful information…I think this is what I read somewhere…but I don’t know with your experience…

Google Analytics Alternative