Pages

Oct 31, 2009

Super Mario Mario


Our friends made Mario and Luigi costumes. They were mobbed at Kawasaki station by people who wanted pictures with them. They got at least as much attention as any other costume.  They met a whole Mario family after the parade.

The Kawasaki Halloween parade was a lot of fun, by the way. I don't remember why I thought it sounded like it would be a nightmare - it was less crowded than your average festival and some of the costumes were pretty intense. Like the 12-foot tall electronic robot and the zombie office ladies. I need to get something together for next year. I dug some institutional orange pants out of the depths of my closet, but that was more a nod to the occasion than a costume.

Halloween last year, in which I learn about a strange Japanese Halloween custom.
Google Analytics Alternative