Pages

Oct 24, 2008

So, how do we show that the new gum has more juicy flavor?

We could use Japanese drag queens?

Hm, does that have enough "juicy?"

What if we have them riding on the pack of gum like it's a log flume ride...

I'm listening...

And they're all in evening gowns!

Ah, I dunno, something's still missing. We've got the gum, we've got fruity, but...

You're right, you're right... wait, okay, I've got it! Say we put the Japanese drag divas in early 70's black face?

Throw in a Japanese girl on the sidelines, and I say you've got a winner!




4 comments:

Trixie Bedlam said...

see, this is a subtle cultural difference, because in Japanese, if you stack several outmoded stereotypes on top of each other, the kanji looks the same as the one meaning "fresh fruit flavor"...

maybe you can explain to me the brilliant marketing going on here -- from what I can tell, the consumers in the ad only choose the product after they are blown up, netted, and bribed...

Lackey said...

I think you missed the important drawcards of bikinis and confetti there, trixie.

Most of those well meaning consumers were happy to be directed (by strategically placed diversion nets and bombs) from the apparent bliss of the mass produced, shallow and ineffective sushi (which may give you a good time, even party and dance with you, but leave no lasting impression) to the much more meaningful and affordable sushi provided by the place that wasn't despatching samurai warriors to hit them over the head with swords.

And then they got bikini girls and confetti. Everyone's a winner, I think.

Sandra Barron said...

Lackey! When did you get here?

Knox Harrington said...

This makes me miss winky.

Google Analytics Alternative