Pages

May 2, 2012

Who dropped this beautiful eyelash?

An ingenious little set-up for testing out fake lashes.
In the sticky heat of last summer, I thought fake lashes would be a good alternative to mascara that seemed to smear, no matter what claims it made, when confronted with Tokyo's brutal humidity. It was not a success. I didn't really give it a fair shot, though - I bought plastic ones on a discount rack from a kiosk in Harajuku. They came with their own little tube of glue. It was only in the moment of panic after I'd sealed my eye shut that I considered the wisdom of putting dirt-cheap, unbranded chemicals into my eye. It stung, and I wondered if I'd still be able to see, if and when I was able to pry my lids apart. Second maybe only to using eyebrow scissors on a jerky train, is there a dumber way to blind yourself? When the tears stopped, my vision was intact, but the lashes were, alas, not awesome. They felt like a strip of plastic wedged along my eyelid, poking in at the corners. I tried to get used to them while I cleaned the apartment that day, but I peeled them off before I went out for the evening. I'm sure getting nicer ones would help. It was pretty traumatizing, though. I'll probably stick to mascara for a while. I haven't tried this Heroine Make brand, but I like their ads.    





Who dropped this beautiful eyelash?

'Twas I! I did it on purpose!


3 comments:

Holly said...

this reminds me a little of the photo where you are trying to pry my eye back open :)p

what about mascaras that coat your lashes in plastic instead of doing whatever old mascaras do?

http://www.amazon.com/LOreal-Paris-Nourishing-Lenghtening-0-17-Fluid/dp/B001IAINFU

Ang said...

Sometimes I find myself staring at women, trying to decide if their eyelashes are fake or not.

I actually have the mascara in this ad, and it's scary. It doesn't come off in the humidity, but then it doesn't come off. Let's give false lashes another try!

Sultan@lashipix said...

First ever in the shade lash increaser that improves the overall look of lash. Implement twice per day.For broader, more some time to larger lash and eye-brows.Results seen in as little as One week.Physician developed and analyzed.Buy Your Eyebrows. www.lashipix.com

Google Analytics Alternative