Pages

Dec 10, 2009

Tea sparkling


AFTERNOON TEA
Tea Sparkling
Afternoon tea has been drunk by the English ever since the custom was started by the Duchess of Bedford in the mid 19th century.

The truthbox bears this out, though I find the claim unlikely that Anna Russell and the whole of England were going around starving to death every single day between breakfast and dinner until she decided to start serving crustless sandwiches to her high society friends in the afternoons. Though, if it is true, I feel certain that every single person noshing at midday was saying, Man! Why didn't they think of this sooner?

That's what I was thinking when I just tried Tea Sparkling. It's like a sweet tea spritzer. Darjeeling and seltzer. Light and delicious. Sorry, Duchess. I'm sure you are wondering what you did wrong in life to have your image and name appropriated on bottles of bastardized tea derivatives. But you were a forward thinker. Maybe you'd have even invited a few friends around to try it.

Milk and vinegar, maybe not so much.

2 comments:

Gimmeabreakman said...

Looks good. I'll look for it.

Sandra said...

Did you find it? Thanks for coming by!

Google Analytics Alternative