Pages

Jun 3, 2010

Latte foam art face transplant

Last weekend, we met up with my old friend James (he has a radio show, Folkwaves, that you should check out). A drizzly day, perfect for a cozy lunch at Better Days. We enjoyed tasty sandwiches, Japan rarities like Ruebens and fresh mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes.
I met James on the JET orientation in Tokyo in 1997. We bonded making fun of how shallow other people were. Which, of course, is quite shallow.*   But we're still friends 13 years later so maybe there's some kind of lesson there.

We all ordered lattes. They were all delicious, but only mine had art. James and Jim just got leaves.

A bit unfair, right?

My inner Robin Hood – not to mention my inner mad scientist – went to work and decided to take the face...off.



Relax. I can assure you I am a fully licensed face transplantologist.


*He sent me a postcard from Hiroshima to Miyazaki with a satellite image of Japan on it that I then used in my middle school classes. It was roughly to scale with a US map that I'd stick to the blackboard at the beginning of my first lesson to each new class to show the relative sizes of Japan and America. I would make the kids guess how much bigger the US is than Japan. After they guessed, I'd say, "Nope! Fifty-two times!" and then tap the postcard of Japan against the map of the US and start counting, "One, two, three.... fifty-one, fifty-two!" Exciting, eh?

5 comments:

gattagogattago said...

Wow You can transplant the art face! I will try!!

Holly said...

thank you for documenting the transplant :D

Sandra said...

All in the name of science, my friends!

Andrew Lightheart @alightheart said...

You contribute important advancements to the world.

Add art lattes to the list, please.

AdventureRob said...

LOL, Latte face transplants are funny

Google Analytics Alternative