Pages

Mar 12, 2009

Take good care of this piece of paper FAIL

One of these official documents is brand new and is meant to protect my life and limb for the next year. One is expired and worthless. Go on and take a stab at which is which.

Yeah.

While I find this sort of hilarious, in an awful way, the person who issued it will not. I can't even imagine explaining that, in a fit of efficiency, I tore up the new paper moments after she handed it to me. Taping it up probably wouldn't fly in any developed country, but all the less so here where a slip of the pen means redoing any kind of paperwork.

A friend said I should just come clean right away and explain what happened. I said I was leaning toward waiting a week and saying it was lost.

"No, you don't want her to think you're the kind of person who would lose something important like that."

Better to be the kind of person who takes something important and rips it into quarters?


UPDATE:

I am happy to say that I was totally wrong about the person in question. She cracked a (small) smile and said to just tape it up.

2 comments:

Trixie Bedlam said...

oh, no. you have failed Japan's test. there will be a large deduction of honor points for this. luckily, you have accrued many.

Sandra Barron said...

Yes. I fail Japan's tests on a pretty regular basis. Just yesterday, I crossed in the middle of the street...

Google Analytics Alternative