Pages

Apr 16, 2010

Winter weather, summer hats

On the morning show Mezamashi TV, the model insisted that the only way to wear spring's hot boater hat, or "kankan-bou," is to tilt it a bit, just so. She held the pose a few seconds longer than was comfortable to watch.

Back in the studio, as they do, the regular announcers each showed off one of the hats. With an awkward adjustment and an unconvinced, unsmiling laugh, the non-model modeling the straw hat said, "She said it looks more fun if we tip it like this." She didn't look like she was having much fun. 

I had fun writing about boater hats for Pulse, though. Except I've been plagued with the old ShopRite can-can jingle the entire time. (Does anyone at all know what I'm talking about?)

6 comments:

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

no, but i expect to see you in one of these hats soon. tilted appropriately.

Adamu said...

I remember the ShopRite can-can commercials all too well. Thanks to you I'll have them stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Anonymous said...

The one with the cartoon French dude with the crap accent? Yeah. -Jim

Sandra said...

There's a taste of my own medicine... each comment about this makes me remember the song again. Grr.

I don't remember a french accent, but it was a chorus singing "Now, Shoprite's got the can! can! savings! zrraza can! can! savings! ba ba ba!"

Where' Captain Craft Cook? I bet he remembers it word for word.

A. G. Booze said...

I remember it as something like: Now ShopRite has the can-can/savings on all brand-brands/ everything in/ can cans.

Google Analytics Alternative