Pages

Mar 10, 2010

The taste of cherry blossoms in the morning

The approach of spring means cherry blossoms on - and in - everything. Starbucks has a full cherry blossom menu with pink drinks, cookies, and chiffon cake.
----
I had this sakura steamed bread this morning. (Yes, for breakfast. Lay off already, wouldja?) it was pretty good. Hardly sweet at all. It had a dense base of dark bean paste (I think), and the icing was more waxy than sugary.
That's a real blossom on top. It was the biggest surprise of the whole little cake.
What do you think it tasted like?

3 comments:

J said...

I thought a there was a taste of shiso maybe? Had it a couple of weeks ago but there was definitely a special taste aside from the sakura...

Trixie Bedlam said...

drat, drat the cherry blossoms are coming and me without my act together.

what kind of natural wonders does Tokyo offer in the fall?

alecnathan said...

Chicken?

Google Analytics Alternative