Pages

Mar 9, 2010

Yes, I'd love a string bean with lunch

This Lawson bento came with exactly one stringbean sliced up like a victim of the Icetruck Killer.
----
Dainty bordering on eating disordered, right? And then, the main course is crab cream croquettes - dense globs of cheesy, creamy... I don't even know what it is. They are like concentrated canned clam chowder before you add the water. Somehow breaded and deep fried with a savory brown sauce poured over to make sure no blood vessel escapes unscathed. A teaspoon of kabocha salad and a pound of white rice round it out.

Lest you feel this is over indulgent, dessert is two sweet beans. An odd sense of balance.

6 comments:

Daniel said...

Sometimes I wonder how they manage to even batter Crab Cream Croquettes.

Sandra said...

Yes. Definitely defies all known laws of physics.

Oishii said...

hmmm, it looks tasty to me...

AdventureRob said...

Skill is what cooks that, and it looks delicious

Sandra Barron said...

Don't get me wrong - I think I didn't make clear that it was delicious. The breading was light and crunchy and the inside was creamy and warm. It's just probably unbelievably bad for you. Fat-wise, cholesterol-wise, sodium-wise, that kind of thing.

Oishii said...

Oh I see what you mean now ^^

Google Analytics Alternative