Pages

Mar 1, 2010

Whatever you do, do it at home

I didn't know it at the time, but these monthly Tokyo Metro manners posters started right when we got to Tokyo. Now, it looks like the final chapter. How many past favorites do you recognize?
----
I wish he had worked in the guy diving through the door somehow. And the splattery ramen. Oh! And the drunk salary man! Darn. I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but I think I'm getting a little misty.

---
More about the artist, Bunpei Yorifuji, and the manners campaign.

4 comments:

owenandbenjamin said...

The two zombie looking people from the last poster had their baby.

kate said...

i take this bittersweet conclusion as a clear sign that its time for you crazy kids to return to nyc. c'mon sandrajapandra, do it at home!

Anonymous said...

Kate's right, kiddo. Do it at home.

Adamu said...

Wow, could it really be the end? One possible sign of hope - there's no official announcement from the Tokyo Metro site. The front page just announces the "March 2010 etiquette poster."
http://www.tokyometro.jp/index.html

Don't you think it's far too early for the "do it at home" people to call it quits? It's not like people have suddenly become more polite. Maybe it's just a new chapter to the story? I am sure there is plenty people can do to inconvenience a newborn baby.

Google Analytics Alternative